Friday, August 6, 2010

Taco Soup

I'll be trying this recipe this week. It sounds like something we would like...and I love the idea of using my crockpot more! :)


Taco Soup
--2 cans of kindey beans
--2 cans of pinto beans
--2 cans of corn
--1 large can of diced tomatoes (I have no idea why the can wasn't in this picture. I know I put it in. This is a mystery.)
--1 can tomatoes and chiles
--1 packet taco seasoning
--1 packet ranch dressing mix
--1 lb browned ground turkey or hamburger (optional.)
--shredded cheese and sour cream for embelishment

The Directions:

--brown meat if you are going to use it
--drain fat and add to crockpot stoneware insert (the meat. not the fat.)
--sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat
--drain and rinse the beans and add
--add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans
--stir.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5. I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt for cooking on low. Stir well, and serve with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.


(This recipe came from http://crockpot365.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

The Gish Family said...

Love that you are keeping up the blog!! so cool you are adding the cooking part. i think most young moms like us r always looking for new cheap and tasty things to cook. missing u

Krystal said...

I'm trying, lol. Not sure why I've become quite the blogger lately. I hope I can keep it up. Thanks for the comment...you know we always wonder if anyone ever reads these things, lol. Miss you always!!