Monday, August 2, 2010

Behind the sword

Any of you who have seen Brodie recently, like in the last 6 months, know that when you think of Brodie you think of......yes, his sword. You know that if you see Brodie, he most likely has his sword stuck in the back of his shirt and sometimes in the side of his shorts. Seriously. I know some of you are laughing, but it's true. I tell people, "some kids have security blankets...our son has a security sword". :) lol. You will very rarely catch him without it. We can go in a store, and when we go back they remember him as "the kid with the sword". When we were in VA for a couple weeks, Daddy built Brodie a weapon rack by his bed. So..when he goes to bed, the sword goes in the rack and when he wakes up...you guess it...it goes back in his shirt. (this was because of the marks on the wall from sleeping with the sword). The attachment to the sword started when Brodie found Daddy's ninja turtles from when he was a little boy. Brodie immediately fell in love with these "turtles and their weapons". He began getting some of the cartoon movies and weapons. For a little while, if you were to ask him his name he would tell you "I'm Leonardo". Like seriously...this is what he told kids in his new class at church. (Of course you know Leonardo is his favorite because he's the BLUE one, which is his favorite color). So, he carries the sword in his back because that's how the ninja turtles carry their weapons. If it's not in his back it will be stuck in the side of his shorts. Or, if he is in his underwear, as he likes to be around the house, it will be stuck through his underwear. I've told him they're getting stretched out from this. He also has a bruise on his side, from carrying it this way. He doesn't even notice and says it doesn't hurt...but this is how attached he is.
I have to say, I think it's kinda cute. I'm sure some people may think I'm crazy that I allow my 3 year old to carry this around. But..I love that right now, this is who he is. He's all boy and at times he's wild and crazy but he's also caring, loving and tender-hearted, which melts my heart. I can't imagine life any other way, I love my boys. :-)

No comments: