Saturday, January 16, 2010

Big Boy News!!

Ok, so of course after having Tristan, Brodie has seemed like such a big boy. He amazes me every day with his big boy "conversations" and thoughts. He truly brings joy and laughter into every day for us. Brodie has recently taken 2 big steps as a big boy. January 2nd, he threw away his paci! Yes, he had a paci but only for naps and nighttime. Brodie threw his paci in the trash can in order to have his new "Cars" TV in his room. It's been gone ever since. Then...January 14th Brodie pooped on the potty! I know, kinda gross but if you're a parent you know what I mean. lol. Brodie has been peeing on the potty and been in big boy underwear since June but has refused to poop on the potty (he would ask for a diaper). I had found 2 presents in the garage that I had forgotten to give him for Christmas. I told Brodie that he could have them when he pooped on the potty. It worked. For 3 days in a row now he has pooped on the potty. We are so proud of him. I have to say, one thing about this boy is that he will not do something until he is ready (no matter how much pressure, bribery, etc)...but once he is ready he decides, does it and that's it. He has been this way with everything from peeing on the potty to the paci and now pooping on the potty. I think he gets this from his Daddy and I have to respect the fact the he never does things half way. When he makes the decision to do it, he sticks with it and never goes back. It seems like just yesterday he was our baby boy and it is such a blessing to watch him as he transitions to a big boy. Thank you God for allowing us to be a part of this and for the things you teach us through our kids!
Where did the time go?!?














3 comments:

Casey Jensen said...

Hey Krystal!

Your blog is so cute. Congrats on potty training Brodie. Ugh... I am still working on my little guys. Getting them to poop in the pot is the hardest thing! LOL If you have any helpful suggestions let me know. : )

Jesus loves me! said...

GOD BLESS! GOOD LUCK! CAPICHE?

Krystal said...

Thanks Casey! It can definitely be a frustrating thing. What we learned was that he just had to be ready! His doctor was never concerned and just told us not to "pressure him", because it could just make it worse and you don't want it to be a bad experience. Don't stress it, and know that he will when he's ready and it may seem like a long time, but it will happen! :) Good luck!