Thursday, November 5, 2009

Some days....

Some days are good and some days are tough. I have to admit, today is a tough one. We've had a lot going on lately and don't have much time for idle thinking. Which, is probably a good thing. Today I'm a bit emotional. The reality of having Tristan home, yesterday being the anniversary of the loss of our baby, and now, the reality of Vegas getting very close.
When I went to the doctor for my 2-week check up, actually, 3 week, she asked "Do you have days where you cry all day and want to drive off the James River Bridge?" I laughed and said "no, most days are good!". Well...today is one of those days. I can't say I want to drive off a bridge...I have too many blessings here for that...but I am a bit emotional...ok...a lot emotional.
When we lost the baby a year ago, I had nooo idea that God would decide for us to have Tristan less than a year later. Now, I can't imagine not having him and feel so blessed that God has given us him as our son. However...nothing takes the pain away. I'm thankful that God carries us when we need it...because some days I feel crippled.
I also have the reality that in 2 months we will be moving our family across the country to Las Vegas. To be honest, I'm scared to death. But..I'm also ready and excited to move on to the next part of this journey God has for us. Most days, I live in today and try not to get overwhelmed by the future. I know that God has called us to Vegas and that we have an incredible opportunity for Tommy to intern under Vince, and that our hearts are broken for the people there....God just may have to carry me some days.

No comments: